Extremely rugged and powerful opposed-mode intrinsically safe barrel sensors are designed for the most demanding hazardous area sensing applications.Features
- Sensor requires an approved intrinsic safety barrier and Banner MAXI-AMP model CI3RC2 current trip point amplifier.
- Sensor is certified as intrinsically safe for use in all hazardous atmospheres as defined by Article 500 of the National Electrical Code, when used with approved "positive input" intrinsic safety barriers.
- Sensor is certified by Factory Mutual and CSA as non-incendive devices when used in Division 2 locations (except Groups E and F) without intrinsic safety barriers.
- 10 millisecond sensor pairs have a 140 m range 1 millisecond pairs have a 60 m range.
- Modulation frequency "A" is standard frequencies "B" and "C" are also available to minimize optical crosstalk from adjacent sensor pairs.