The M-GAGE sensor uses a passive sensing technology to detect large ferrous objects.
The sensor measures the change in the Earth's natural magnetic field (ambient magnetic field) caused by the introduction of a ferromagnetic object.
The M-GAGE provides an alternative replacement for inductive loop systems and needs no external control box.
Its unique design allows quick installation within a core hole.Features
- Internal, three-axis magnetoresistive-based technology senses three-dimensional changes to the Earth’s magnetic field caused by the presence of ferrous objects.
- Designed to minimize the effects of temperature change and fluctuating magnetic fields.
- Sensor learns ambient background and stores settings in non-volatile memory.
- FlexPower technology driven by a single, primary lithium battery integrated into the housing.
- Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) technology and Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) RF communication and control architectures combine to ensure reliable data delivery within the unlicensed Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) frequency bands.
- Transceivers provide two-way communication between the Gateway and Node, including fully acknowledged data transmission.
- Lost RF links are detected and relevant outputs set to user-defined conditions.
- Fully potted and sealed housing contains the power source, sensor, and antenna for a completely wireless solution.
- Includes accessories such as surface mount housing, flush mount embedded housing and possible replaceable battery packs - depending on model.