The Series SAE Butterfly Valves are an ideal low cost hydraulic reservoir shut off valve.
These valves are designed to meet the demanding needs of the fluid power industry. Unique features include an O-ring flange face seal complying with S.A.E. J518 dimensional requirements.
This design provides for bubble tight reservoir shut off up to 25 psi (1.72 bar) and a max temperature of 180°F (82.2°C).
The compact envelope dimension reduces space requirements. Unit allows for adjustment by incorporating an open/close detent position lock which can be infinitely positioned to achieve a desired flow rate. The unique design resists the vibrations associated with hydraulic pumps and pumping systems.
Optional fluoroelastomer seals and locking handle are available.Features
- Flange face complies with S.A.E. J518 dimensional requirements
- Bubble Tight Shut-off
- Locking Handles are Available
Enclosure, Body Material
- Cast Iron
Maximum System Pressure
- Body Shell: psi: 500 (kPa: 3,447, bar: 34.47)
- Bubble Tight Shut Off: psi: 25 (kPa: 172, bar: 1.72)
- Compatible Gases
- Compatible Liquids
- Buna-N - Wetted Material
- Fluoroelastomer - Wetted Material
- Line: 2” to 5”
- Steel - Wetted Material
- Buna-N: 82° C (180° F)
- Fluoroelastomer: 149° C (300° F)
- Hydraulic reservoir isolation on injection molding or earth moving equipment
- Used to isolate the hydraulic reservoir during maintenance