Red Valve's Series DX Slurry Knife Gate Valve is recognized as the most durable and user friendly knife gate valve designed for difficult slurry applications.
When the valve opens, the Series DX's reinforced elastomer sleeves seal against each other and provide a 100% full-port opening, which minimizes turbulence, which in turn eliminates wear.
The seats isolate and protect all metal parts of the valve from coming in contact with the process.
When the valve is closed, the sleeves provide a drop-tight seal. Another unique feature to this valve is its ability to provide drop-tight shut off in both directions.
Each time the valve strokes, the Series DX Valve is designed to discharge a small amount of slurry out of the valve, which keeps the gate path and seat area clear of entrapped particulates.
Unlike traditional knife gate valves, the DX prevents slurry build-up in the seat area, which might otherwise prohibit the valves ability to close.
A wiper blade mounted to the top of the valve eliminates process from leaking out of the top.
The wiper blade also prevents external grit and debris from entering the valve body.
An optional secondary packing gland is available for high cycle rate applications, which eliminates leakage through the top 100%!
Both the slurry sleeves and gate are field replaceable.
Extensive in-house testing and and proprietary formulation of elastomers allows us to guarantee our sleeves against fatigue or loss of compression and memory for 250,000 cycles!
To address concerns with slurry discharging from the slot in the valve, a plate style splash guard is utilized. Optional systems are available to pipe or flush the slurry away.Features
- Fully elastomer lined
- 100% full-port opening
- Elimination of packing
- Abrasion resistant sleeves
- Bubble-tight, bi-directional shut off
- Eliminates seat cavity which prevents slurry build up or dewatering
- Ductile Iron
- Fabricated Carbon Steel
- Pure Gum Rubber, Neoprene, Hypalon, Chlorobutyl, Buna-N, EPDM and Viton
- 3” to 36”
Drilled and Tapped Flange
- ANSI 150#
- ANSI 300#
- ANSI B16.1 125# Cast Flange
- AWWA C110 125# Cast Flange
- EN 1092 PN 6, 10 & 16
- JIS 5K, 10K
Material of Construction
- Gate: 316 Stainless Steel
- Gate: Teflon Impregnated 316 Stainless Steel, 317, 17-4 pH, Jessop 700, Ferralion 255, Alloy 20, C-276, Other Composite or High Alloy Gates Available
- Gate Coating: PTFE, PFA and FEP
- 75 to 150 psi
- Difficult Slurry Applications