The sensor fulfils the requirements of the EtherCAT field-bus and can be connected as a slave to this bus system.
EtherCAT is an open field-bus system which is based on the EtherNet technology (IEEE 802.3) with a high data rate, short response time and a good real-time performance, it is standardized in the IEC/PAS 62407 and it is part of the ISO 15745-4.
The integration in the IEC 61158, IEC 61784 and IEC 61800-7 is in the way. It is very easy to implement the Temposonics® sensor with the EtherCAT interface into an EtherCAT field-bus system.
The System-Manager (e.g. TwinCAT from Beckoff) gets all the parameters of the sensor from the XML-file, which part of the delivery. There are no settings on the sensor.
The measurement can be synchronized by the PLC, by switching the sensor to the “distributed clock mode” (1 to 5 magnets only).Features
- Rugged industrial sensor
- Linear and absolute measurement
- LEDs for sensor diagnostics
- Non-contact sensing with highest durability
- Direct EtherCAT output
- Position velocity with 5 magnets
- Positions with up to 20 magnets
Approvals & Certifications
- ISO 15745-4
- EMC: Electromagnetic (Emission EN 61000-6-4, Immunity EN 61000-6-2), EN 61000-4-2, 3, 4, 6, Level 3/4, Criterium A
- IEC/PAS 62407, 61158, 61784, 61800-7
- UL 61010-1
- Data Transmission Rate: 100 Mbps, Max.
- EtherCAT Ethernet Control Automation Technology (100Base-Tx, Fast Ethernet) IEEE 802.3
- Current Drain: 80 mA Typical
- LED Diagnostic Display Beside Connector
- 1 x 4-Pin Male Receptacle M8
- 2 x 4-Pin Connector M12-D
- Overvoltage Protection: up to 36 Vdc
- Polarity Protection: up to -30 Vdc
- Ingress Protection (Profile): IP65
- Ingress Protection (Rod): IP67
- Ingress Protection (RS): If Mating Connector is Correctly Fitted, IP69K
- Dew Point: 90 % Relative Humidity, Non-Condensing
- < 4 µm
- Stroke Length (Profile): 0.98 to 196.9” (25 to 5,000 mm)
- Stroke Length (Rod): 0.98 to 299.2” (25 to 7,600 mm)
- < ± 0.01 % of Full Scale (Min. ± 50 µm)
Materials of Construction
- Rod with Flange: AISI 304 Stainless Steel 1.4301
- Sensor Stroke (Profile), Sensor Head: Aluminum
- Threaded Flange: M18 x 1.5
- Profile: Movable Mounting Clamps
- Profile: T-Slot Nuts M5” Base Channel
- U-Magnet, Removable & Position Magnet: Plate Mounting
- U-Magnet, Removable & Position Magnet: Screw Mount from Antimagnetical Material
- Any Orientation
- -40° to 75° C (-40° to 167° F)
- psi: 10,150 (kPa: 70,000, bar: 700) Peak for Hydraulic Rod
- psi: 5,076 (kPa: 35,000, bar: 350)
- < ± 0.001 % of Full Scale (Min. ± 2.5 µm)
- Position: 1 to 1,000 µm Selectable
- Speed: 1 µm/sec (Quality Rating) Adjustable According to Velocity & Stroke Length
- 100 G Single Hit, IEC 60068-2-27
- 24 Vdc (-15 / 20 %)
- < 15 ppm/°C
- Linearity Tolerance [RP (1,200 to 3,000 mm)]: Typical ± 45 µm, Max.
- Linearity Tolerance [RP (3 to 5 metres)]: Typical ± 85 µm, Max.
- Linearity Tolerance [RP/RH (300 to 600 mm)]: Typical ± 20 µm, Max.
- Linearity Tolerance [RP/RH (> 600 to 1200 mm)]: Typical ± 30 µm, Max.
- Threaded Flange: 3/4”-16 UNF-3A
- 15 G (10 to 2,000 Hz), IEC 60068-2-6
- Electric Strength: 500 Vdc (DC Ground to Machine Ground)