In the power generation industry, reliability is a must.
This is especially true when it comes to turbine control valves. But one of the more common difficulties in power plants is the typical limit switch arrangement on throttle, governor, intercept, and reheat stop valves.
Conventional limit switches in this application are notorious for failing due to heat and physical abuse, and for falling out of tolerance and requiring readjustment.
The Defender provides dependable monitoring of throttle, governor, intercept, and reheat stop valves.
It is a self-contained, pre-wired system packed with up to ten GO™ Switches and is a drop-in replacement for existing limit switches on Westinghouse valves, and is easily adaptable to valves from General Electric and others.Features
- Solid 304 Stainless Steel
- Complete drop-in system includes seven GO Switches (up to 10 optional)
- Versal mounting pads enable mounting on literally any axis
- Calibration unit makes final setting of switches and targets a breeze. Set it and forget it
- Valve rod connects to the GO DEFENDER arm. The arm is welded to a 7/8″ diameter shaft carried in permanently lubricated bearings
- Rugged and reliable to withstand high frequency vibration and extreme temperatures
Approvals & Certifications
- Shaft: 7/8″
- Nuclear Switch H7 (Harsh) or M7 (Mild): 3 A at 24 Vdc
- Nuclear Switch H7 (Harsh) or M7 (Mild): 5 A at 120 Vac
- Nuclear Switch H7 (Harsh) or M7 (Mild): Max.
- Coating: ANSI 61 Light Gray
Enclosure, Body Material
- Heavy Duty 11 Gauge Steel (12” x 10” x 5”)
- Nuclear Switch H7 (Harsh) or M7 (Mild): 303 Stainless Steel
Materials of Construction
- Crank Arm: Solid 304 Stainless Steel
- Nuclear Switch H7 (Harsh) or M7 (Mild): Fine Palladium Silver
- Direct Mounting
- Universal Mounting
- 304 Stainless Steel
- Nuclear Switch H7 (Harsh) or M7 (Mild): SPDT
- 204° C (400° F)